APR Performance Front Wind Splitters integrate with the front bumper to reduce front-end lift and increase high-speed stability. APR Performance Front Wind Splitters are highly-effective at balancing the front-vs-rear downforce when used on conjunction with APR Performance Adjustable Wings.
The Downforce Balance graph (shown at the left) illustrates which areas of the vehicle this product affects.
There are three (3) areas: Front, Center, and Rear. The size of the red bar represents how much this product affects each particular area.
- Reduce front-end lift
- Maximize cornering speeds
- Enhance high-speed stability
|Pattern||2x2 twill weave|
|Material||Pre-preg carbon fiber, 3K + pre-preg nomex honeycomb|
Carbon fiber, 3K + fiberglass mat
|Coating||UV-stable clear coat|
|Mounting||Custom mounting required (no pre-drilled holes)|
|Hardware||Stainless-steel machine screws, washers, nuts, and adjustable rods|
There are two types of APR Performance Front Wind Splitters.
The first type is the standard carbon fiber type. This type of splitter provides good strength and rigidity, and is suitable for moderate racing conditions.
The second type is the carbon fiber + nomex honeycomb type. This type of splitter provides the highest strength and rigidity at the lowest possible weight per square inch, and is suitable for high-speed racing conditions.
Every APR Performance Front Wind Splitter is shaped to conform to the factory bumper (standard applications) or shaped per customer requirements (custom applications).
Adjustable stainless-steel support rods are included with every APR Performance Front Wind Splitter.
Vehicle Applications (Click to View)
- Acura NSX 2016-Up
- BMW 3-Series
- BMW F82 M4 / F80 M3
- BMW Z4
- Cadillac CTS-V
- Camaro ZL1 2017-Up
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Chevrolet Corvette C5
- Civic Type R 2016-Up
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hell Cat 2015-Up
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge SRT4
- Dodge Viper
- Ford Mustang 2005-2009
- Ford Mustang 2010-14
- Ford Mustang 2015-17
- Ford Mustang 2018-Up
- Honda Civic
- Honda S2000
- Lotus Elise
- Lotus Exige
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9
- Nissan 350Z
- Nissan 370Z
- Scion FR-S
- Scion tC
- Subaru BRZ
- Subaru WRX / STI 2002-2003
- Subaru WRX / STI 2004-2005
- Subaru WRX / STI 2006-2007
- Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2010
- Subaru WRX / STI 2011-2014
- Subaru WRX /STi 2015-17
- Subaru WRX/STI 2018
- Toyota GT-86 2017-Up
- Toyota Supra 2020-Up
Custom Applications (Click to View)
Custom Applications Available – Can't find an APR Performance Front Wind Splitter application for your car? APR Performance can create custom Front Wind Splitters for any application.
Please follow the instructions below:
1. Find a large sheet of cardboard.
2. Place the cardboard underneath the front bumper.
3. Draw the bumper bottom outline onto the cardboard.
4. Fold up the cardboard and send it to us at:
APR Performance, Inc.
4850 Murietta St
Chino, CA 91710
Estimated working time:
*For non-honeycomb splitters:
- Width cannot exceed 80”.
- Depth beyond 24" is subject to additional material charge of $28 for every 2" of depth.
*Bottom of the bumper requires at least 3”~ 4” of flat surface all around to mount the splitter.
*Fold your template in the center to check if both curves match each other.
Installation Guidelines (Click to View)
The APR Performance Front Wind Splitter (hereinafter referred to as "Splitter") is an aerodynamic tuning component that plays an important role in helping a vehicle achieve aerodynamic balance. Just as there are significant forces acting upon the rear-end of a rear wing-equipped vehicle, there are also significant forces acting upon the front-end of a Splitter-equipped vehicle. To help ensure a smooth installation, please read the following guidelines before you begin any work on the Splitter.
Important Notes – Must Read!!!
1. Please note that regardless of whether a Splitter is sold as a custom or pre-defined/pre-existing application, all Splitter installations are considered custom installations. There is no such thing as a Plug-n-Play Splitter installation.
2. On a vehicle traveling at higher speeds, a properly-installed Splitter will see anywhere from double-digit to triple-digit downforce numbers. This means there can be a vertical force of up to 100 pounds or more being exerted across span of the Splitter surfaces. Vehicle speeds and these forces must be considered before any splitter installation!
3. An improperly-installed Splitter may also see the same forces briefly, until it begins to un-mount, tear itself apart, and pull chunks (if not the entire front bumper) away from the vehicle. Don’t let this happen to you!
4. Splitter Support Rods are included with all Splitters. Unless a custom, structurally-reinforced mounting system is professionally-fabricated by a well-qualified race/fabrication shop, the included Splitter Support Rods must be used, and must attach to suitable and secure mounting points (i.e. steel bumper beam, fiberglass structural support, etc.).
5. All Splitters will have some amount of flex built-in. Honeycomb types tend to flex much less than non-honeycomb types of equivalent weight. To maximize splitter efficiency and reliability, it is important to mount the Splitter to the vehicle at multiple points so that flex is minimized. These mounting points include, but are not limited to: front support rods, bolts/nuts to the front bumper or front air dam, rear supporting L brackets, center support brackets, etc. Larger Splitters will need more support than smaller Splitters will need. When the Splitter has been installed, inspect it carefully with the vehicle on a lift. Pull/push on different areas to see where the Splitter is still flexing, and reinforce the weakest areas with additional support brackets.
6. The owner assumes full responsibility for ensuring proper installation. Professional installation by well-qualified personnel is highly recommended. If you have any questions or require additional parts (i.e. longer Splitter Support Rods), please contact APR Performance at (909) 594-3796.
1. First, remove the bumper from vehicle, then place the bumper over the Splitter on a table.
2. Line up both edges of bumper and splitter, and temporarily clamp the assembly together on both sides.
3. Use an 8mm (1/4”) drill bit to drill mounting holes through the Splitter and bumper. Secure with supplied bolts, washers and nuts (bolts point upward, threads on top).
4. Install the Splitter support rods.
5. Install additional support brackets as needed.
Example: Custom support bracket connects to steel bumper beam on a Mazda Miata (http://slickauto.net/)
Example: Custom support bracket connects to subframe on a Nissan 350z
6. Re-install the entire bumper and Splitter assembly onto the vehicle.
User assumes full responsibility for ensuring proper installation as intended. Professional installation by well-qualified personnel is highly recommended. The vehicle applications shown above are intended to work as a complete system when installed onto original vehicle body parts (i.e. front bumpers, air dams, etc.). To insure proper function and reliability, APR Performance advises against modification or substitution of any component of the intended installation. Any modification or substitution of hardware included with the splitter create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail. Substitution of original vehicle manufacturer parts needed for the intended installation (i.e. front bumper) with non-original parts may also create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail.